Thursday, February 2, 2012

First comes love...

Pat and I were really serious about each other and we were spending every second together. Dinner and movie dates continued. Another week had past and the weekend was upon us. It was now October. Fall was in full swing but we were lucky to get some nice warmer over cast days. We decided to go to the Puyallup Fair. I had never been so he accomplished yet another date of something I had never done. We loaded up in the car and Paul and Corey, who were at the club the night we met, decided to meet us there.  It was another beautiful sunny day. I dressed in layers because the temperatures were above average. We got there and we all walked around. I got a yummy caramel apple and the boys rode rides, and played games. Patrick was determined to win me a huge stuffed banana bigger then me. And of course he did. Paul won a huge stuffed bull in which he continued to carry on his shoulders. We walked around the fair once more and headed back to Pat's place. We snuggled into bed and fell asleep.

The next day we were going to a birthday party for Patrick's friends daughters birthday at Charlie Safari. I was meeting more and more of his friends. We got there got signed up for laser tag and we played a few games. I had never played and it was so fun and I was surprised my team even won. We continued to play arcade games with tokens. I stuck to ski ball as that is what I was good at. We had pizza and ice cream and watched Lexi open her presents. There were so many kids and it started to get late. After the party was over we went back to Pat's place. I had stayed there all weekend. We walked in and I threw myself on his bed. I was so ready for a nap.



We both lay side by side. It was like any other night, I have to say I was shocked about what was to come. We were just enjoying each others company and talking. Patrick then said to me "Lindsey, I love you. You are the most beautiful girl in the world. The one I would like to spend the rest of my life with. Will you marry me?". I was at a loss for words.So much ran through my head. Was this real life? I looked in his eyed and I knew he was serious. I of course did not hesitate and said "Yes!". We took each other in arms and just embraced the moment. We were so happy. Every girl dreams of her proposal and wedding. I never thought in a million years I would be 20 and engaged. But here I was. Glowing and just awe struck.

I called my mom and shared the news on facebook and not everyone was as happy as I was. I know Pat and I had been together only a month and a half but it felt right. Patrick was my soul mate and still is and will continue to be for the rest of my life. I just knew it. The way he treated me was unlike any other and I knew I wasn't making a mistake. They say when you know you know. When Pat and I met I wasn't looking for love. And that is when they say love finds you once you stop looking. I am a firm believer in that statement. Sure everyone said I was young, foolish, and that I didn't know what I wanted. I am one to follow yet lead my heart. My heart and myself wanted this. I knew it was going to be tough. People were going to judge me but no one could take me off of cloud nine. Who was everyone to wave their fingers at me?

Patrick and I were busy the following week juggling work and getting wedding stuff arranged. He proposed on Saturday October 16th, 2010. We had set our wedding date to be Friday October 22, 2010. Yes, we were engaged and getting married in the same week! Between dress shopping, getting the marriage license, and getting last minute things figured out there was no time for rest. Pat and I still took heat from upset friends and family. A lot of people doubted us and thought this was a mistake. But in all Pat and I continued to wear huge smiles on each others faces and we shut out the world. Besides we were on a whole different world. We were both thrilled, in love, and excited to take this chance and risk everything. Family, jobs, and ourselves but we had no issues as that is what love does to you. It makes you do crazy thing you never imagined. Or saw coming. Or could have predicted...



No comments:

Post a Comment