Friday, February 10, 2012

Then comes marriage...

The morning of October 22, 2010 was finally here. My wedding day! Although we were just having a courthouse wedding, I couldn't have asked for more. It was all about Patrick and I that day. Not a drunk family member, the band, or the colors we chose...just us and our love. I put my little white dress on, applied makeup, and curled my hair. I slipped my golden sparkly shoes on and frosted myself with jewelry and we headed to the Lakewood courthouse. After a wrong turn and traffic, I was the last to arrive and was late to my own wedding! Everyone was inside waiting. I walked in and caught first glimpse of my soon to be husband in his Class A's. He was so handsome in uniform. He caught glimpse of me pulled me in for a hug, joked about me being late, and told me I looked beautiful then he kissed my forehead.


We walked into the room full of friends, and some family. Pat and I stand there as an audience to everyone. The judge started the repeat afters. I was so lost in Pat's eyes that I was surprised I could even speak words clearly. How I felt in that moment was indescribable. All I could do was smile. Pat finished repeated the judge and it was my turn. He got to the last "Do you," and before he finished I exclaimed "I do"! The room lit up with laughter and I of course turned bright red. The judge finished his blabbing and I heard the cue words, "You may now kiss the bride". Patrick and I grabbed each other and kissed. Applause filled the room and we were now Mr. & Mrs. Patrick Shumate. We filled out the license, signed a few things and went outside to take some pictures as the sun was just beaming.

I could write so much more of the wedding but so much happened so quick that day. It was hard for Pat and I to comprehend what he had just done. We were so in love but it was just so surreal. For our "Honeymoon" we spent the weekend in Leavenworth. We played arcade games, mini golf, and soaked in the hot tub. It was very simple yet not that distracting so Patrick and I really got to spend time with each other and just laugh and enjoy ourselves. We also got old time western pictures done before we headed home to prepare for our 3000+ mile move. It's crazy to think this was 16 months ago. It seems like yesterday to me still. We have had our trials and triumphs as a married couple but those only brought us closer to each other. Pat and I do not believe in divorce and went into this saying through thick and thin and thats what we continue to do.


I love my husband more then anything in this world.




No comments:

Post a Comment