Monday, June 3, 2013

All about Liam!

This blog is so overdue! Where do I begin?! Liam is just a few days shy 15 months! I cannot believe it. This past year has just been so amazing and has brought so much joy, happiness, and meaning to life. I never knew how much you could love someone until Liam came along(Yes, I am still madly in love with my husband). While there are hard days and nights, I am constantly reminded and tell myself that this too shall pass...and very quickly. In the blink of an eye my newborn became a toddler. Here are some highlights of Liam's first year.

March 8th, 2012 at 7:42 pm Liam Timothy Shumate was born. He was 7lbs 14oz and was 21 inches long. He scored a 9 on his APGAR! I was over the moon and so in love! Breastfeeding was a challenge but I can proudly say Liam has only had 1oz of formula ever and loves mommy milk. He learned things quickly from rolling over, to sitting up, pulling up on things, to crawling and even walking and running at just 10 months old! He began to cut teeth at 6 months and continues-he now has 5 almost 6! His hair is really coming in now and I just cant seem to cut his little mullet curl he has now! Its too cute. We found out about allergies such as milk/dairy, eggs, and peanuts and I am now vegan because of it. So many first to even write about we would be here forever! Please follow our YouTube channel- LShumate1010/Lindsey Shumate if you want to get in depth on all those things. :)

Liam is just the most perfect son. I cant imagine life without him. As of now Liam is a sucker for the park and the outdoors! He loves to be outside and hates when its time to come in or leave. He also loves his pool, and water table along with splash pads, and sprinklers! Anything water really including the bath! He goes crazy over vacuum cleaners. He also has to be in my arms when Im brewing my coffee/tea in the keurig. I give him the keurig cup and he shakes and smiles before I put it in. Another thing he has to be included in is blowdrying my hair. When I aim it at him he dances. Its so adorable. I will also add Liam's favorite movie is Wreck it Ralph. We watch it anywhere from 1-3 times a day. No joke. He enjoys Yo Gabba Gabba, Team Umizoomi, Henry Hugglemonster, Bubble Guppies, Jake, and Mickey on TV. He loves to dance. We read books daily and his favorite toys are trains, balls, and his play kitchen. His favorite foods are avocados, beans, berries, apples, pears, and almond butter- he eats it by the spoonfull! There are more but the list is just to long. I will add smoothies. He goes bonkers over a cup with a straw because he thinks its one! He loves to play around with his daddy on the couch. He also enjoys working out with me. Gramma's house is pretty awesome too. He loves the puppies and the lawn mower my dad is always on. He also loves playdates with all my fellow mommies kiddos! Liam is the best snuggler I know-shhh even better then the hubby.

He just does the sweetest and cutest things that always have me smiling, thanking God, and it helps remind me that I am bringing him up well and not to worry or think otherwise. Every mommy is different and makes the best choice for their kids. He still has had no vaccines and at his last visit he weighed 22lbs was 32in tall and his head was 46cm! We still breastfeed and co sleep and enjoy it and will continue to. There isnt anything I would do for him. He is my sonshine- no thats not a spelling error. There is just so many things missing in the post and I know I should have written this blog sooner but I vlog so it makes up for it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment